Thursday 19 March 2009

Stars pay tribute to Natasha Richardson

Tributes have poured in for actress Natasha Richardson, who passed away last night after a skiing accident.

On last night's Larry King Live, Joan Rivers praised the 45-year-old for her ability to switch between theatre and movie work.

Rivers said: "She was just amazing and darling. I've seen her work. I love actresses who go back and forth."

Sam Mendes worked with Richardson on her Tony award winning Broadway performance in Cabaret in 1998. He said: "She was one of a kind, a magnificent actress."

Sir Michael Parkinson said: "I know Liam [Neeson, husband] quite well, I've interviewed him two or three times. My thoughts are with him. It's a terrible, awful tragedy."

Earlier today, Richardson's Parent Trap co-star Lindsay Lohan described her as a "wonderful woman and actress" whom she will miss.

No comments: