Tuesday 24 March 2009

Jackie Chan: 'I don't like Rush Hour'

Jackie Chan has admitted that he is not a fan of his own Rush Hour movies, despite their success at the box office.

The martial arts expert told The Mirror that he hopes to progress as an actor and play less typecast roles in the future.

Chan said: "I don't like the Rush Hour films but the fact is they generated hundreds and hundreds of millions and they're paying us really well.

"The thing is, I can't just make Rush Hour one, two and three and Drunken Master one and two and Police Story one to six. I know I have to change.

"I've wanted to do it for the last few years and I hope people can accept it. I want to play a good guy and a bad guy and would love to be the Asian Robert De Niro or Dustin Hoffman."

He added that his new film, Shinjuku Incident, would be a "big surprise" for viewers who "expect me only to be running around breaking people's arms and fingers".

Chan explained that he makes his "American films for American audiences and Asian films for Asian audiences".

No comments: