Monday 16 March 2009

Efron 'terrifed' during Oscars performance

Zac Efron has admitted that he was petrified during his performance at last month's Oscars.

The High School Musical 3 star was invited to sing alongside girlfriend and co-star Vanessa Hudgens in a tribute to famous musicals led by Hugh Jackman.

Speaking on Australia's The Today Show, he said: "I’ve never been so nervous in my entire life. The trick is you can’t look down.

"There are so many incredible actors and actresses just all around you and if you look down for a second, you might actually look at Angelina Jolie. My hat fell off at the end because I was making eye contact."

He added: "I actually asked if there was any opportunity to present at the awards and they said, 'No, no you can’t present at the awards. But you can perform'.

"I was like, 'Me, perform? Who else is doing it?' They said Hugh Jackman. Done. I was in."

Other celebrities who took part in the musical montage included Beyoncé and Mamma Mia! co-stars Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper.

No comments: